Vault -(Forum Obsidian) -News -Mese di Luglio 2007

« Older   Newer »
Cattaneo R
view post Posted on 24/7/2007, 08:19 by: Cattaneo R

23 Luglio

Front Page Vault - Forum Obsidian- 23 Luglio 2007-Rispondono alle domande Rob Mc Ginnis - George Ziets

Here are the latest posts from the Neverwinter Nights 2 Official Forums made by the Obsidian developers working on Neverwinter Nights 2. Please note these are only one part of the thread, and should not be taken out of context. If you find any forum threads we may have missed or you think should be in the highlights

Rob McGinnis - Obsidian Entertainment -

NWN2 News PW Spotlight
Yep. It seems I am out of PWs to spotlight.

Techniques to reduce Transition Crashes
Players using WASD also seems to cause some issues. Unfortunately, the NWN engine works differently with WASD than with point-and-click.
Avoiding the use of WASD seems to help tremendously.

More:
CITAZIONE
Thanks for the help here, and special thanks to Rob for taking the time visit DC SoH server and impart his wisdom to us. It is not only encouraging for our staff and players, but also reflects greatly on Obsidian.
Thanks again, good luck with all that you have planned!

Ha! No worries. The server looks great.
Incidentally, I asked their server to set up a network sniffer to catch some of the packet flooding. In true software troubleshooting fashion, I was told their server performance improved dramatically when they did. Go figure.
More :
CITAZIONE
Ha! No worries. The server looks great.
Incidentally, I asked their server to set up a network sniffer to catch some of the packet flooding. In true software troubleshooting fashion, I was told their server performance improved dramatically when they did. Go figure.

CITAZIONE
I'd call it a classic example of Murphy's Law in troubleshooting. Once you try to track a problem, it starts hiding pretty well. After that one long-run session, we went back to normal operation

Ha! Well, I guess that's good in this instance

HOT FIX FOR 1.06 STARTUP CRASH AVAILABLE
Still looking guys.
Just to make sure, you have tried the troubleshooting steps talked about in this thread Click HereEspecially the registry cleaning instructions from SecuRom

Why don't we ever have new monsters/races?
Actually, modellers can be working on their creatures and animations already, that way they are ready to go when the Granny plugin is released

Corrupted save game
You might want to register your game and post this in the Tech Support forum

George Ziets - NWN2 Designer, Obsidian Entertainment -

questions i havent seen covered yet
2. Yes. We've added a number of new heads that will be available for NPCs, as well as PCs.
3. Yup, there are some new unique objects and weapons, as well as some new base armor suits

Will Shandra be back in the expansion?
I can confirm that Tarmas is still alive, and some players may see him (very briefly) in MotB.

If you were evil in the OC how did you get to Rashermen?
The expansion assumes the ending where the player defeats the KoS (and does not join him). We do not assume that the PC is good, of course - just that s/he chose to kill the KoS, instead of joining with him.

15 replies since 2/7/2007, 00:01   3598 views