Vault -(Forum Obsidian) -News -Mese di Luglio 2007

« Older   Newer »
Cattaneo R
view post Posted on 17/7/2007, 23:54 by: Cattaneo R

Front Page Vault - Forum Obsidian- 17 Luglio 2007-Rispondono alle domande Rob Mc Ginnis - Nathaniel Chapman - J.E. Sawyer - Jeff Husges

Here are the latest posts from the Neverwinter Nights 2 Official Forums made by the Obsidian developers working on Neverwinter Nights 2. Please note these are only one part of the thread, and should not be taken out of context. If you find any forum threads we may have missed or you think should be in the highlights, send me an email.

Rob McGinnis - Obsidian Entertainment -

Prestige classes and their effect upon the NWN2 world
CITAZIONE
personally, i would be happy with conversation paths that didn't make my character look like, a goody two shoe paladin/nice if somewhat reluctant hero/psychopath.

my character is evil neutral elven wizard, he is in it for himself, not to help others, he will fight and ultimately defeat (or maybe join forces with) the KoS because it is necessary (KoS is a threat, take care of it before it takes care of you style of thing), and i'd just like conversatiob paths that reflect his intellect, forward thinking nature (ie. he won't go into rampages or sacrifice innocents in public) and most of all, his talent to sway the crowd (maxed social skills, cross class, but that's how it goes).

quests don't really need to change, as long as my motivation to do them can be changed to suite my alignment (altough some quests for good or evil only would be nice).

In the end, I agree with the desire to have vast options for dialog and I even agree with the desire to have different gameplay depending on your character choices. I think that would be great. It would be a challenge to implement since it is basically multiplying the content, but things like that add so much to a game. There are some things that work much better in PnP, for example.
Like your alignment-based dialog choices. In all my eons of D&D gaming, the only single truth I have seen is that everyone interprets alignment differently. How you view Neutral Evil is very different from how someone else interprets NE.
It just always comes back to the fact that you can't please everyone in video game development. For every view, there is an opponent

NWN2 Fan Art Contest!
Both are okay.

Giving money to the keep
Both are okay

Giving money to the keep
You need to register your CD key and then post this in the Official Campaign forum

What do you like on neverwinter nights 2 online
CITAZIONE
ehh sry
i m young only 12 years and i come from holland i can talk good english sry about that....

No worries Powertjogo. Even I have trouble with English
The important thing is to enjoy the game and have fun with the community.

Nathaniel Chapman - Assistant Producer, Obsidian Entertainment -
MotB at gametrailers.com
CITAZIONE
he environments look absolutely wonderful, even with the awful video quality. I especially like the area wide environmental affects. Those are just great. And I think the genasai looked very good as well. I like the earth, fire, and air. All three look nice. So those were my high points.
For low points, the combat in the winter area looked like a lot of filler without much in the way of tactics. It actually reminded me of a PW with a big area to run around in and just kill mobs. I'm hoping that isn't representative of much of the game. I know people griped about linearity, but I prefer combat that leads me down a path in a sp campaign and is structured to lead up to high points and tough battles in a sensible way. Of course, that's just one man's opinion of course. Otherwise, I also think the movement of the hags (or trolls, hard to tell from the video) just looked silly. Sorry, I don't mean to come off as rude, but it just looks really bad. The models liked nice though.

I was specifically avoiding the quests in that area, but that is actually one of the most content rich areas in the game.
The fel trolls are still being tweaked - they've got some issues with their run distance that need to be fixed, as you can see.

J.E. Sawyer - NWN2 Lead Designer, Obsidian Entertainment -
MotB at gametrailers.com
CITAZIONE
I'm hoping there will be strong roleplaying in the game

There is. It's very good, IMO

Jeff Husges - NWN2 Designer, Obsidian Entertainment -
New voicesets and music?
There is lots of new music, and none of it has been heard before (which means nothing was reused from previous games).
More : Some new PC soundsets, as well, plus some NPC soundsets to fill in the gaps in the toolset - female gnome, female dwarf, etc.

15 replies since 2/7/2007, 00:01   3598 views