Vault -(Forum Obsidian) -News -Mese di Luglio 2007

« Older   Newer »
Cattaneo R
view post Posted on 17/7/2007, 02:23 by: Cattaneo R

Front Page Vault - Forum Obsidian- 16 Luglio 2007-Rispondono alle domande Rob Mc Ginnis -J.E. Sawyer

Here are the latest posts from the Neverwinter Nights 2 Official Forums made by the Obsidian developers working on Neverwinter Nights 2. Please note these are only one part of the thread, and should not be taken out of context. If you find any forum threads we may have missed or you think should be in the highlights

Rob McGinnis - Obsidian Entertainment -

THAT was Act One?? Holy smokes, how jam-packed is this game!? :D
Heh. Glad you liked it.
This thread is a great example of how everyone views the game differently

Could we get warforged as playable
Warforged is one of the races of the Eberron campaign setting.
This being the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, I doubt it will happen. As such, this becomes a moot point

Yourself in NWN2
If only you could have asked me this 15 years ago

Prestige Class Focus: Harper Agent
Well, we're getting down to the end. This is the next to last Prestige class we will talk about.
Do you play a Harper Agent? Why or why not?
Is it overpowered? Is it underpowered?
Tell us about your favorite Harper Agent Character and their experiences.

Projects looking for Builders
Please post here if you have a project and are looking for builders, designers, custom content artists, etc.
Please remember to post again if you fill a position

Announcement: ZORK I for Neverwinter Nights 2
You definitely need to do this.
I used to play Zork on my C64 for hours and hours.

Custom class can't level up
You might want to check with the PRC people. I talked to them a while ago (when 1.06 came out) and I was told it was working now.
What is the error you are getting? Are you trying to play single player, multiplayer hosted with the game, or multiplayer hosted with the dedicated server?

Are you looking for a project to work on or willing to help?
Please post your availability here :
Click Here
More: Please post your availability here :
Click Here

Prestige classes and their effect upon the NWN2 world
CITAZIONE
Most NWN PWs are not available for DL - however, Thain is an exception - www.thain.org

The menu selection The Module to DL it.

Take a look, it is pretty interesting (and is a great Builder's guide, as well - demonstrating how to build great areas with little selection).

The scripting is incredible, and the storyline is very complex and well done. You will find that most of the factions do react to different creatures, races, etc.

I know another PW that does this - The Legacy of Netheril http://www.lon.nwnforums.com/index.php

It does not offer the PW for DL, however.

Heh. PWs don't count because they evolve over years and years. A little is added at a time. Even at release, the server is incomplete. The server changes.
We were talking modules.

More:
Yes, NWN2 was built over time. But much more was being done than building the campaign. But that's kind of beside the point, right?
The point is that people were asking for "offline" modules that would include many different gameplay experiences based on your character's details.
In a persistent world, your gameplay changes for many different reasons: a DM, other players acting as enemies and so forth and a world that changes over time. A PW has a much longer development cycle than a standard offline module. A MP session is one thing, a PW is something else entirely.

PWs also tend to have huge teams either building, maintaining or writing the game as you go. It is interactive by nature and thus something altogether different.
Your standard module, on the other hand, is produced and released and, aside from a couple bug fixes, is pretty much forgotten.
I stand by my word that I have not seen a module that provides the indepth gameplay that has been asked for in this thread. I would like to see it. But I think it is more complicated and time consuming than people are willing to do.

J.E. Sawyer - NWN2 Lead Designer, Obsidian Entertainment -

E3 MotB impressions at GameSpot
CITAZIONE
Sorry, girls with no hair are just not attractive, it's just wierd. You find that sexy, then good for you.

Click Here
Argument destroyed.
Also Safiya is cool

More :It is well-established that nerds love Natalie Portman. Ergo, they must love bald Natalie Portman and the inclusion of bald romance options in a D&D game is appropriate

15 replies since 2/7/2007, 00:01   3598 views