Vault -(Forum Obsidian) -News -Mese di Luglio 2007

« Older   Newer »
Cattaneo R
view post Posted on 7/7/2007, 15:45 by: Cattaneo R

Front Page Vault - Forum Obsidian- 6 Luglio 2007-Rispondono alle domande Rob Mc Ginnis - Shane K. DeFreest (MotB)

Here are the latest posts from the Neverwinter Nights 2 Official Forums made by the Obsidian developers working on Neverwinter Nights 2. Please note these are only one part of the thread, and should not be taken out of context. If you find any forum threads we may have missed or you think should be in the highlights

Shane K. DeFreest - NWN2 Community Manager, Maverick Public Relations -

MotB July Topic - Classes And Races
Everyone already knows that the 4 Genasi will be included in Mask of the Betrayer. But this month we are going to focus our Q&A on new classes and races.
Enjoy!
-Shane

Rob McGinnis - Obsidian Entertainment -

NWN2 Fan Art Contest!
CITAZIONE
Our we allowed to include our character we played through with along with the companion/s or no?

Sure. But the contest is for Companions and NPCs
More :
CITAZIONE
Can we upload WIPs, and then update them, or we have to upload only final works?

Yes, but at the deadline, if you only have the WIP uploaded, it will be that WIP that gets judged.

More 1.06 weirdness?
You might want to register your game, then post this in the OC forum. You might get more help there.

Unselectable Swift and Silent
The prerequisite appears to be the Stealthy feat. Do you meet the requirements?

Rolling List of DM Client Fixes/Features Included in 1.07 as They are Publicly Announced
Very nice Khaveen. You should give a million dollars to Heed.
Geesh!

More :
CITAZIONE
Very nice Khaveen. You should give a million dollars to Heed.
Geesh!

CITAZIONE
Huh? How's that different than #1 in the OP?
Shishkarob!

That doesn't look anything like Item #1

WMP11 vs. NWN2 attempt #2
Just a quick reminder: Do not let this thread turn into a Microsoft bashing thread

NWN2 Patch Version 1.06 Final Released (part 3)
If you are getting "show stopping bug after show stopping bug" at this point then you have some sort of conflict going on.
The vast majority of people are playing with little to no problems now, so you may want to make sure all of your drivers and supporting software are up to date.
The other option is that you may need to reinstall the game as you may have some corruption in your files.
What kind of show stopping issues are you having?
CITAZIONE
This patch ruined my game i think. Ever since updating i went from being able to run the game with only a few glitches to getting like 3 frames per second followed by a crash. Obsidian, seriously, learn to test properly before you release things. You've messed this game up enough times with your poor coding as it is. This is just another screw up to add to the growing pile, I've had this game since release date and i have yet to be able to properly enjoy it, i keep hitting show stopping bug after show stopping bug.
This is getting beyond ridiculous, i feel i have been more than patient with you guys. I am seriously considering never buying another game with the name obsidian on it ever again. This is one of the worst experiences i've ever had with a game.

What is wrong with this game
Last I heard, the video drivers for vista are not fully finished yet.
One thing many people have success with is running the game in XP Compatibility mode for Vista.
I think the confusion about overclocking came in because your specs list your video card as being superclocked.

Developers, answer please!
CITAZIONE
So, what about ftp?
Or maybe any other suggestions about how to fix this problem?

I PMed the instructions to you on the 29th

Helpful Scripts
If you have a script that you feel would be helpful to the community at large, and would like to share it with the community, post it here.

More:
I don't think it was meant as an insult. It seemed to be a joke to me.
Let's relax a bit
More :
No worries. This is the problem inherent with text communications. Even with smilies, things can be read the wrong way. You read something and put the emphasis or emotion in the wrong place.

CITAZIONE
I don't think it was meant as an insult. It seemed to be a joke to me.

Let's relax a bit.
You think so? OK, then. I should probably say I am sorry. Seems I have just experienced sense of humor failure. Happens to everybody from time to time...
So I will follow your advice and take a break for the night

Rolling List of DM Client Fixes/Features Included in 1.07 as They are Publicly Announced
I have seen a mod on the vault that allows you to create macros of a sort. You might do a search there and see if that will help, for the time being.

CRash on load after patching to 1.06.973 English
Hot fix is currently in QA. Hopefully we should have something soon. It will be made available through the online updater process

Crash on load after patching to 1.06.973 English
CITAZIONE
Rob,

I had posted to you some time ago about an error when erasing grass. I eventually switched back to XP and I am no longer getting that error. In fact it seems to be running well at full capacity totally maxed out. I did wake up today to find that the toolset now loads without the toolbar at the top. All of the ribbons are on the side and the bottom but nothing up top except the toolset logo. If I click the logo it closes. No file, no view, no nothing. Like when you hit F11 in explorer. Any ideas? I did not see any issues like this in the data base. Thanks

This is off topic for this thread.

There is a sticky in the toolset forums that will help you through the missing menu bar issue

Wondering
I think this discussion is deteriorating and is not doing anyone good any more. It has gone away from its original intent.

Fed up with losing my work
Werespider-

Make sure you are patched up fully. That will help with this issue quite a bit.

Also, one of the things known to cause this issue is to have too many different varieties of trees (more than 5) and too many different seeds for the trees in the area

Edited by Cattaneo R - 8/7/2007, 12:19

15 replies since 2/7/2007, 00:01   3598 views